The Georgia Instructor Training (GIT) is a program designed specifically for Georgia Pre-License Instructors. The two-day training is offered by the Georgia Real Estate Commission (GREC) to comply with Rule 520-3-.04(1).
Pre-License Instructors are required to attend the GIT prior to being approved by GREC as a Pre-License Instructor.
The GIT is approved for 12 hours of real estate CE credit and 7 hours of appraisal CE credit.
Those participating in the class will:
- Investigate various learning styles
- Develop objectives to enhance learning
- Identify factors influencing adult learners
- Develop strategies for handling challenging students
- Discuss methods appropriate for teaching difficult subjects
- Create activities conducive to an effective classroom environment
All students will be required to conduct a 7- to 10-minute prelicense presentation on a real-estate related topic on the second day of the course. This presentation will be developed during the course and should not be prepared in advance.
Class size is limited to 28 students. Tuition includes all texts, materials and lunch.
For specific details about who needs to obtain an Instructor License and on becoming a Pre-License Instructor:
- Go to the GREC website (click here)
- Under the “Obtaining A License,” tab, select “Instructors” and then the type of instructor license.
Click here for the Georgia Real Estate Commission / Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board (GREC / GREAB) worksheet to assess your Pre-License Instructor eligibility.
Click here for GREC contact information (https://grec.state.ga.us/about/contact-us/)
Questions about a specific GIT class? Email GREEA@garealtor.com or call 678-597-4135.